Monday, March 24, 2008
Our daughter . . .
Well, the third try is the charm, I guess. I went for an ultrasound today and tried all the tricks that I knew to get the baby to cooperate. I ate a big meal including a coke and snickers bar (per my cousin Meg's recommendation). I made sure my bladder was full (per my OB's advice). I laid on my side (per the ultrasound tech's advice). But still, nothing! That little stinker was sitting Indian style, and we couldn't see a thing! The tech told me I should reschedule, but I told her that I couldn't leave without knowing. She let me wait until she scanned all the other patients, and I drank 3 glasses of ice cold water (per Amie Kawasaki's advice). When I came back in, our little girl was perfect. I couldn't believe it. I must have asked the tech 4 times if she was sure that the baby is a girl, and finally she said, "Honey, I've done this every day for the past five years. Yes, it's a girl." So now we know. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kara and Rob,
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I know you are so excited! Baby girl Pepper is beautiful in her "picture". She can't help but be beautiful with parents like hers. Does she have a name yet? I can't wait to see her arrive and bring light and joy to so many! She is sure to be special!!
Love Aunt Lynn
We are excited about your news! Of course, Miss Brenna didn't seem surprised at all :)! Can't wait to go shopping for some cute girl stuff!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Erika